Privacy information pursuant to Art. 13, Legislative Decree 196/2003 "Personal data protection code"
This information is provided pursuant to Art. 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 "Personal data protection code" (the "Code") and is intended for everyone who visits and interacts with our website www.countryholidays.com. The website is managed by the company Premiaweb s.r.l., with headquarters at Via Manzoni 44, Palazzina A – ingresso I, 20095 Cusano Milanino (MI), tax number and Milan Company Registry number [0300108096 ](the "Company").
The following definitions are applicable pursuant to Art. 4 of the Code:
- "processing": any operation or set of operations carried out with or without the help of electronic or automated means, which involves the collection, recording, organization, retention, consultation, data processing, modification, selection, retrieval, comparison, utilization, interconnection, blocking, communication, dissemination, deletion and destruction of data, even if not registered in a databank;
- "personal data": any information regarding a physical person who is identified or identifiable, including indirectly, by referring to any other information, including a personal identification number;
- “identification data”: personal data allowing a data subject to be directly identified;
- "sensitive data": personal data that would reveal racial and ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or other beliefs, political opinions, membership in parties, trade unions, associations or organizations of a religious, philosophical, political or union-related character, as well as personal data that could reveal state of health and sexual life;
- "judicial data": personal data that could reveal measures pursuant to Article 3, paragraph 1, letters a) to o) and r) to u), of Presidential Decree no. 313 of November 14, 2002, regarding criminal record, registries of administrative fines due to offenses and the relative pending actions, or status as a defendant or party under investigation pursuant to Articles 60 and 61 of the Italian Code of Criminal Procedure;
- "data controller": the physical person, legal entity, public administration or any other body, association or organism responsible, including jointly with another data controller, for decisions regarding the purposes, methods of processing personal data and the means used, including security matters;
- "data processor": the physical person, legal entity, public administration or any other body, association or organism which the data controller has assigned to process the personal data;
- "persons in charge of the processing": the physical persons which the data controller or the data processor have authorized to perform processing operations;
- "data subject": the physical person to whom the personal data refers;
- "communication": providing personal data to one or more particular parties other than the data subject, the data controller's representative within the country, the data processor, or persons in charge of the processing, in any form, including by making it available or consulting it;
- "dissemination": providing personal data to unidentified parties in any form, including by making it available or consulting it;
- "anonymous data": data which originally, or following processing, cannot be associated with an identified or identifiable data subject
- "blocking": storage of personal data with temporary suspension of any other processing operation;
- "databank": any organized set of personal data, divided into one or more units located in one or more places;
- "Data Protection Authority": the authority referred to in Article 153, established by Law no. 675 of December 31, 1996.
- "electronic mail": messages containing text, voices, sounds or images transmitted through a public communications network, which can be archived in the network or in the receiving terminal, until the recipient opens it.
- Data Controller and Data Processor
The Data Controller is the company. The Data Processor may be contacted by writing to the company's head office or at the following numbers and addresses:
Tel. +39 02 66406018
Fax. +39 02 66405439
- Type of information acquired and processed
- Browsing Information
During the course of their normal activities, the IT systems and software procedures needed for this site to function acquire various types of personal data, transmission of which is implicit when using web communication protocols and/or is useful for better management and optimization of the site (for example, IP addresses, URL addresses, domain names, size of files, time of requests, and other parameters related to the user's operating system).
The acquisition of this type of data, which is for exclusively statistical purposes and/or to monitor proper functioning of the site, is not for commercial use, nor is it aimed at identifying the user, and is acquired through server side technologies which are managed and administered by the Data Controller.
This data is not collected in order to associate it with interested parties who are individually identified as physical persons; nevertheless, due to the very nature of this data, the data subject could be identified through processing and associations with other data, including that held by third parties.
This data is normally deleted immediately after processing and in any event no more than 90 days after it was acquired. Nevertheless, at the request of the competent authorities, it could be necessary to utilize it to ascertain liability in case of possible computer crimes against the site or third parties; in this case, the data could be stored for a longer period as required by law.
- Data provided voluntarily by the user
If the user decides to register with our site or to subscribe to the newsletter, or upon other occasions listed below, the user may voluntarily provide certain data, upon request, by completing a special form. This data falls into two categories.
Data that the user is required to provide:
a) email address.
Data that the user has the option to provide:
- first name, last name, gender, year of birth, cell phone number, country, province, city, address, postal code.
- any other personal data that the sender includes in the communication.
- Methods of obtaining data
The user may provide all the above data:
- at the time he registers with the site;
- at the time he subscribes to the newsletter;
- at the time communications are sent;
- to access reserved areas;
- to obtain services or communications.
THE USER WILL NOT SEND ELECTRONIC MAIL OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS THAT INVOLVE THE PROCESSING OF SO-CALLED "SENSITIVE" AND/OR JUDICIAL DATA, OR IF APPLICABLE, WILL TAKE STEPS TO ENSURE THAT SAID DATA DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY REFERENCES TO SAID USER OR TO OTHER THIRD PARTIES, AS THIS TYPE OF INFORMATION CANNOT BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE DATA SUBJECT.
To access particular areas of the site and/or to obtain services or communications, the optional, explicit and voluntary addition of data in the form of alphanumeric characters is requested, which could be processed or associated with other data in a way that makes it possible to identify the user.
- Purpose of processing
The data provided by the user is processed to ensure proper and complete use of the site and the services offered on said site, including through advertising from third parties.
In particular, the data provided is utilized:
- to send the free newsletter at the user's request (see paragraph 12);
- to permit functioning of the messaging service and, in particular, to allow managers of agriturismo businesses to access the user's requests and to respond to these requests (see paragraph 13);
- to send communications and offers from third parties;
- to comply with the obligations of the law, regulations and EU provisions.
- Method of processing data
Data is processed through the use of paper, telecommunications, electronic, or automated instruments, and this is performed by the Data Controller, as well as the parties that said Controller authorizes within the limits of their assigned tasks, for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data was collected. This processing will take place in an honest, lawful and transparent manner, protecting the user's rights and confidentiality.
Specific security measures are followed in order to minimize the risk of the destruction or loss of data, unlawful or improper use of data, unauthorized access, or processing which is not permitted or does not conform to the purposes for which the data was acquired. Data will be processed in compliance with "minimum security measures" as set out in Art. 33 et seq. of the Code and, with particular reference to processing through the use of electronic instruments, in compliance with the provisions of Annex B) to the Code, entitled "Technical specifications concerning minimum security measures".
- Consequences of refusal
The user's refusal to turn over personal data or to consent to its processing may make it impossible to properly and completely make use of the website and services on it.
Any failure to provide the requested data or failure to consent to its processing for the purposes set out in points (b) and (c) of paragraph 4 above: "Purposes of Processing Data," could make it impossible for agriturismo operators to receive requests for information from the user, or to respond to the user's questions or requests, or may impede functioning of the messaging service.
Failure to sign up/register with our free newsletter service simply makes it impossible for our company to send the periodic newsletter, but does not prevent browsing on our site.
In any event, even after subscribing to our newsletter, the user always has the right to interrupt the processing of his/her data for the relative purposes, by sending an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org or through a simple automated cancellation procedure described in the occasional communications received.
- Parties to whom data may be communicated
The data that the user provides in order to use the site and services offered may be accessible to parties authorized to process the data, Company employees, technicians authorized to manage and maintain our IT systems, any outside assistants, or consultants and/or third parties, for the purposes expressly indicated above, or, in general, all parties to whom it is necessary to communicate and/or transmit said data pursuant to law.
- Dissemination of data
The data provided may not be disseminated in any way.
- Transfer of data abroad
The data will not be transferred abroad for commercial reasons, nor will it be transferred to other parties abroad except for technical needs. Personal data may be transferred abroad only for technical needs related to functioning of the site and the relative services offered, as servers or other IT equipment may be located abroad.
- Rights of the data subject
Pursuant to Art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, "Personal data protection code", the data subject has the following rights.
The data subject has the right to confirm whether or not personal data exists regarding him/her, even if it is not yet recorded, and to have it communicated in intelligible form.
The data subject has the right to know:
a) the origin of the personal data;
b) the purposes and methods of processing;
c) the logic used when processing is performed with the use of electronic means;
d) the identification data concerning the controller, the processors and the designated representative pursuant to Article 5, paragraph 2;
e) the parties or categories of parties to whom the personal data may be communicated or who may obtain it in their capacity as designated representative within State territory, processor, or persons in charge of the processing.
The data subject has the right to:
a) update, correct, or if desired, supplement the data;
b) delete, transform into anonymous form or block data processed in violation of the law, including that which does not need to be retained for the purposes for which the data was collected or subsequently processed;
c) a certification that the parties to whom the data was communicated or disseminated were advised of the operations in letters a) and b), including with regard to their content, except when it becomes impossible to comply with this requirement or if it would involve the use of means which are manifestly disproportionate to the right protected.
The data subject has the right to oppose any or all of the following:
a) for legitimate reasons, the processing of his/her personal data, even if pertinent to the purpose of collection;
b) processing of his/her personal data for purposes of mailing advertising or direct sales or to perform market or commercial communication surveys.
- Exercising rights
The rights described in the previous paragraph may be exercised through an informal request to the data controller or the data processor, pursuant to Art. 8 of the Code, in the following manners:
- by sending an email to the address email@example.com;
- by sending a registered letter with advice of receipt to Premiaweb, Via Manzoni 44, 20095 Cusano Milanino (MI);
- by sending a fax to +39 02 66405439.
- Free newsletter service
Our site provides a free newsletter service that regularly updates the reader on the agriturismo world, on promotions and events, and on the services and products offered by agriturismo businesses or other parties. In order to use this service, it is necessary to register on our website and consent to the processing of information.
The information provided by the user when registering with our free newsletter service will be processed for the following purposes:
- through our newsletter, to offer news on the agriturismo industry and information on events, promotions, discounts, and benefits, as well as to send advertising or promotional information and to report all special initiatives in the agriturismo area;
- to comply with administrative obligations regarding the relationship with our company;
- to fulfill obligations pursuant to the law, regulations, and EU provisions.
Our site offers registered users a messaging service that makes it possible to send messages to agriturismo operators (for example, requests for information, estimates, etc.) and to directly receive responses from them (for example information, offers, estimates, promotions, etc.).
Use of the messaging service is based on the site's receipt of a communication (typically a request for information on a product and/or service in which the user is interested) which the user freely sends through a form on the site. The communication, its content and the mandatory data regarding the user (first name, last name, email address), is transmitted from the site to the operator of the requested service.
The contents of the communication which makes use of the messaging service can also be utilized by the site for advertising, such as but not limited to the following: to send travel tips and/or offers regarding customers and/or partners of the site, or to send communications and/or offers from third parties.
The content of the messages that users send may be stored on the company's IT systems so that it is later accessible to both the user and to the message recipient (agriturismo operator).
Normally, the company and its employees and assistants do not access the content of the messages sent by users, which are sent directly to the recipient (agriturismo manager); nevertheless, these messages, and the information contained in them, are technically accessible to the company and some of its assistants and employees, and this access could be for technical reasons, or at the request of the competent authorities in order to ascertain liability in the event of any possible offenses which are injurious to the site or third parties.
By registering with the site and agreeing to the messaging service, the user consents:
- to the processing of the above-indicated data;
- to the transmission of said data and the content of the messages to the recipient agriturismo businesses;
- to the storage of the information and the contents of the messages on the Company's IT systems or the IT systems of third parties entrusted with managing the service or any part of it; and
- access to this content when it is necessary for technical reasons.
While it will do everything technically possible to ensure proper functioning of the messaging service, the company nevertheless offers no guarantee that the contents of messages will be retained or that the messages and responses will arrive properly and promptly at their destination, or that the agriturismo operators will respond promptly. The messaging service is offered to registered users for the sole purpose of requesting and exchanging information on agriturismo businesses and the related services and products; users must thus refrain from using it for any other purpose, and in particular for any unlawful purpose. The company does not perform regular controls of the content of messages and responses from agriturismo businesses.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on a computer, tablet or cell phone (“device”) while browsing the internet, and are then re-sent to the site the next time the same user visits it, so that the device can be recognized.
The cookies that our company, our commercial partners or other third parties place when a user visits the site www.countryholidays.com do not direct recognize the user as an individual; they recognize only the device that the user is utilizing. Cookies in no way harm the user's device, but rather make it possible for many important features of our website to function. For example, they allow the system to lead a user directly to the Italian page, rather than another preferred language. They are also used to keep the website protected, to remember the preferences of users and to customize the contents of the website so that it is better adapted to them. When browsing our site, both our cookies and those of third parties may be placed on the user's device. This is because there may be content on our site (for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links) that reside on servers other than the one on which the requested page is found; in other words, some cookies are placed by a site other than the one the user is visiting.
The cookies stored through our website do not store any personal or sensitive information (except the user's name). However, information could be acquired by using cookies (such as the time of access or the IP address) which, if re-processed and combined with other information, could make it possible to identify the user. This type of re-processing is not one of the purposes of our site and our company.
Most of our cookies are automatically deleted at the end of the browsing session, while others may remain in the device longer (10 minutes, 24 hours, or a number of months, depending on the case).
For a better understanding of what cookies are, what they are used for, and how they function, cookies can be divided into 5 categories:
These cookies, also called fundamental cookies, are indispensable because they allow the user to move around the website and use its functions. Without these cookies, access to various parts of the site or use of various services could be impossible.
- Functionality cookies
These cookies store the choices the user has made on the website (such as the various searches he or she has made, or the language selected) and provide improved, more personalized functions. They can also be used to provide services that were requested (like watching a video or commenting on a blog).Performance cookies
These cookie collect information on how the user utilizes the website (for example, what pages he or she visits more often and whether error messages have been received from the site pages). The information accumulated by these cookies is utilized solely to improve functioning of the website.
Some of these cookies are third party cookies.
- Cookies for statistical purposes
These cookies are utilized to statistically analyze log-ins/visits to the site (so-called "analytics" cookies) for exclusively statistical purposes, and they collect information in aggregate form.
These are generally third party cookies.
These are cookies which are used to provide advertising that is more adapted to the user and his or her interests. They are also used to reduce the number of times a user sees an advertisement and helps determine the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
These are generally third party cookies.
List of the principal cookies utilized by Countryholidays.com, along with an explanation of their function:
Snitz01User - duration: session of the user who has logged in – purpose: to permit the user who has logged on to countryholidays.com to use the forum without having to log in again
JSESSIONID - duration: session - purpose: session management
SPRING_SECURITY_REMEMBER_ME_COOKIE - duration: session - purpose: remember that a user is already authenticated
last_search - duration: session - purpose: save the last search performed
messagesTooltip - duration: session - purpose: manage tooltips for unread messages
feedbackModal - duration: session - purpose: manage visibility for the mode that appears after creating a contact
optDecision - duration: session - purpose: manage download of application for iOS
map-[rc]-[predefinedSearchId]-[forcedLanguage]-[specialListingString] (n cookies) - duration: 10 minutes - purpose: show the map rather than the list of agriturismobusinesses based on the path of the visit
iosCheck - duration: 24 hours - purpose: manage download of application for iOS
AgriUser - duration: 1 year - purpose: automatically complete forms after the first use
conversation_list - duration: 1 month - purpose: save options for viewing quantity and order of messages from a conversation
backLocation - duration: 1 month - purpose: return to results from the last search
Any user may deactivate/activate cookies from his or her device through his/her web browser.
If cookies are not enabled on the user's device, his/her experience on our website could be limited.
By browsing our website and not disabling cookies through the browser, the user consents to the placement of cookies on his/her device.
For additional information or regulatory updates, please visit www.garanteprivacy.it